Sunday, 12 May 2013

Analogue Photography

During my exploratory stage, I was introduced to analogue photography and since then, I have realised how much I enjoy developing my own film, negatives, photogram’s, etc. I decided to use analogue photography again. My initial aim was to take photographs in the Hell Fire Caves but after developing the film, the negatives came out blank and I suspect that this was because it was so dark down there. I refereshed my memory about the shutter speed, aperture, focus and so forth and I trid to use simple techniques to created focused photographs.


I took photographs of candles due to their spiritual significance, especially to psychics. Psychics believe that a candle light actually contains energy and in that energy a spirit can use it to materialize itself. Candles are used for many purposes such as for decoration, in churches, in people’s houses but the main reason I chose to focus on candle light was because some people use a candle for attracting spirits. The candle is said to be a cross between the present and the spiritual world itself.

(Source: http://voices.yahoo.com/why-psychics-candles-259397.html?cat=34)


Below are a few photographs I scanned in after developing from my negatives:
 




No comments:

Post a Comment